martes, noviembre 01, 2005

Wash your hands! It could save your life!

Your first line of defense against the avian flu is CLEANLINESS.

The best way for you to protect yourself and your loved ones is by becoming cumpulsive about washing your hands and not touching your face.

Old fashioned soap and water is your best bet. Wash thoroughly for a minimum of 20 seconds. Be vigorous in your handwashing technique. Imagine this: you are squishing and killing the virus. Rub, rub, rub.

When you can't wash your hands with soap and water, a Purell-type alchohol-based product is also good. I keep one on my desk at work and another in my car. Again, it is important to rub your hands together in a vigorous manner. I have Purell stockpiled on the theory that it will become scarce in a pandemic. But, I've also got a good supply of old-fashioned Ivory soap.

Note: You will need to use more hand lotion with all that vigorous hand washing.